An opportunity to get hands on with printing.
About this event
Starts 10th February. There will be 6 sessions from 14:00 to 16:00.
Session dates are:
Thursday 10th and 24th February
10th, 17th and 31st March
Using the exciting technique of Hand Block Printing, these sessions aim to stimulate creativity, the imagination and engage everyone in an enriching hands-on experience.
Hand Block Printing is the ancient art of patterning fabric. It requires minimal equipment and yet the results are impressive, even for those with no experience.
Finished work provides a lasting sense of achievement and pride.
The sessions are broken down into achievable and manageable parts, which allow you to develop your confidence and skills over the weeks.
• You’ll first gain experience by using traditional Indian wood blocks and found objects, printing onto specialist papers, to make covers for note books and greetings cards.
• You’ll learn how to design simple patterns
• You’ll learn how to print in repeat patterns
• You’ll be able cut your own simple blocks from foam, advancing onto ‘easy cut lino’, using specialist cutting tools
• You’ll print onto fabrics with special printing dyes
• You’ll have fun!
We may be able to provide support to help carers or those without their own transport to attend!
This course is free to those living in the HR9 postal area. However, we are asking participants who would like to to make a voluntary donation towards the costs of our courses. This will help us to continue to provide activities once our grant funding ends in early 2022.
This course has been funded by Community First
This activity is now fully booked. Use our contact form to be placed on a waiting list or express an interest in a future course