Introduction to Stand Up Paddleboarding Course
This course is provided by Paddleboarding Adventures and will take place every Wednesday, at the Ross Riverside, on 4th, 11th, 18th and 25th May. There will be 2 sessions, each catering for up to 8 people. The first session will start at 10:30 AM and the second will be at 12:30 PM.
On the course:
- Learn self-rescue techniques, correct position, and posture on the board so that you feel safe on the water.
- Discover our coaching secrets for balance and stance when standing. We’ll teach you a range of foot positions for different water conditions.
- Learn to manoeuvre the board like a pro using the reverse-sweep, cross-deck, and step-back turn.
- Learn to read your environment for safe, enjoyable paddling. Including water depth/speed and wind direction/speed.
- Apply all that you have learnt through fun games and challenges to seal the knowledge bombs in!
Each course will last 90 minutes.
- Attendees MUST be able to swim unaided
- Children MUST be accompanied by a legal guardian
- Wetsuits will be available
These sessions can be booked via the Paddleboarding Adventures website. There are a maximum of 8 places available at each session and a session may be cancelled if the river conditions are considered to be unsuitable or judged to be unsafe.
The CLOVER project is providing funding to support these courses and there is a discounted cost of £5 per person.
To book this course please go to: https://paddleboardingadventures.co.uk/product/clover-project-intro-to-sup/
and fill in the booking form.
There will be a charge of £5 per person for this course.